The ACS-HACH Land Grant Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate chemistry majors who attend an ACS-HACH partner institution and express an interest in teaching high school chemistry. West Virginia University, is one of two partner institutions in West Virginia. Students are selected on the basis of chemistry aptitude, interest, and need. The selection process is administered by WVUteach and the Chemistry Department.
Scholars receive $10,000 per academic year. As long as Scholars continue to meet the eligibility requirements below, Scholars may renew the Scholarships until such time as they complete the necessary course-work to obtain their undergraduate chemistry degree and teachers' certification. Students must meet the award criteria to renew a scholarship. The scholarship can be applied to tuition, books, room and board, and other education-related expenses.
To be eligible, you must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student
- Have a declared major in chemistry or a chemistry-related discipline
- Demonstrate a commitment to become a high school chemistry teacher after graduation
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States