The U.S. Department of Education's Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH Grant) Program provides funds to students who are completing or who plan to complete coursework that is required to begin a career in teaching, and who agree to teach full-time for at least four years. Before receiving a TEACH Grant, you must:
- Complete TEACH Grant Initial and Subsequent Counseling (TEACH Grant counseling). It takes approximately 20 minutes to complete!
- Complete TEACH ATS (Agreement to Serve). It takes approximately 20 minutes to complete!
WVU Financial Aid Office TEACH Grant Information.
The ACS-HACH Land Grant Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate chemistry majors who attend an ACS-HACH partner institution and express an interest in teaching high school chemistry. West Virginia University, is one of two partner institutions in West Virginia. Students are selected on the basis of chemistry aptitude, interest, and need. The selection process is administered by WVUteach and the Chemistry Department.
Scholars receive $10,000 per academic year. As long as Scholars continue to meet the eligibility requirements below, Scholars may renew the Scholarships until such time as they complete the necessary course-work to obtain their undergraduate chemistry degree and teachers' certification. Students must meet the award criteria to renew a scholarship. The scholarship can be applied to tuition, books, room and board, and other education-related expenses.
To be eligible, you must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student
- Have a declared major in chemistry or a chemistry-related discipline
- Demonstrate a commitment to become a high school chemistry teacher after graduation
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States